We can help reduce the moisture in your home.
Your?crawl space?is a dark, dank space that can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew if the proper steps aren?t taken. One of those steps is a crawl space vapor barrier, especially if you have a dirt floor.
Advanced has been insulating crawl spaces with foam insulation for more than 15 years. When we insulate the walls of the crawl space, we lay down plastic over the dirt floor that is a vapor barrier and then install moisture control foam to your wall.
You?re probably wondering why a crawl space vapor barrier is important.
Well, it comes down to nature and science. No, seriously.
You don?t want moisture to seep into your?crawlspace because it can cause a ton of problems. The thing is, that moisture doesn?t have to come from a leak, because it can come right up through the soil in your crawl space. This moisture will lead to mold and mildew growth, which on their own are unhealthy to you.
This can lead to structural damage to your home, including rotting wood and rusted metal.
Without a vapor barrier, the moisture that comes in through the soil can lead to electrical shorts, which is a fire hazard. That water can also cause your plumbing to rust and eventually break over time.
Installing a vapor barrier in your crawl space will keep the area dry and healthy.
If you are planning to add insulation in your crawl space as well, it makes the most sense to have your Advanced Insulation Contractor install the vapor barrier and the insulation all at once. You will be protected year-round and add value to your home.
The best solution is to completely close the vents (or omit them in new construction) and control crawlspace moisture in other ways.
- By installing our vapor barrier, we will reduce your crawlspace moisture.
- We cover the dirt crawlspace with a plastic moisture polyethylene vapor barrier, we overlap any seams and tape them, bring the plastic about 6 in. up the wall and fasten it there and stake the plastic down with landscape fabric stakes to keep it in place.
- We cover exposed foundation walls with 2-1/2 in. of rigid, moisture-proof insulation. This not only insulates the walls but also keeps rising dampness in the concrete from getting into the crawlspace. We use polyethylene vapor barrier because it doesn?t require an additional fire barrier. Other types may require drywall covering.
- Insulate the rim joists. We use rigid insulation and caulked it in place to stop air leaks
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation
Installing a crawl space vapor barrier is one of the most cost-effective ways to improve your home and prevent the need for future?crawl space repair.
It will help with all the following:
- Controls Mold & Rot
- Save Money on Utilities
- Keeps Away Pest/Insects
- Passive Radon Mitigation
- Seals Away Odors
- Increased Comfort – No Drafty Floors
- Increases Home Value
- Additional Storage Space
Along with?protection from mold and rot, a dry crawl space will help to keep termites, cockroaches, ants, crickets, and many other pests that need excess moisture to survive away.
By sealing a crawl space, you also?keep away odors and allergenic mold spores?that would otherwise rise through the floor and into your home.
By sealing your crawl space, you keep the summer heat out of your home and the winter cold away from your furnace, water heater, and other utilities.
The?Crawl Space Vapor Barrier installs quickly in your home. Typical jobs take one day. Get a FREE Quote from us today 856-810-0500